I don’t know about you, but I hate it when my bookshelf looks like it belongs in a library. If you are looking for a creative way to organize your books and add interest to your decor then you should definitely try one of these!
1. Rainbow/by Color
Organizing your bookshelf by color took the book community by storm. It’s a fun, bright way to organize your shelf!
- bright and fun
- an eye-catching way to decorate without actually having decor
- Books in series will get separated
- Can be difficult if you don’t have a lot of books
The most satisfying way to organize your shelf! This is my favorite way to organize my own bookshelf.
- Looks very clean
- Series can get separated
- What to do with the odd-sized books that don’t match?
- Books aren’t always the same size
Turning your books around has become a trend. Not only does it add to an aesthetic, but it also adds a lot of interest to your bookshelf (just as long as you don’t mind people asking why you arrange them like that).
- Looks clean and aesthetically pleasing
- Adds interest to a space
- All your books are in the same color family
- Hides books that you don’t want to display (like textbooks)
- Sprayed edges
- You don’t know which book is which
- Doesn’t work for every style
Display your favorite books right in front, so everyone can see the gorgeous cover!
- Can save or even take up space
- display your favorite books and collectors/special editions
- Looks unique
- Looks so good with nerdy nicknacks
- There isn’t any!
- Unless you don’t want your shelf looking like a Barnes & Noble display…
Which one is your favorite? How do you decorate your book shelf?
Thanks a bunch!