Tags are so much fun, but they’re even more fun when you have been tagged so thank you to Maya Rajesh over at Pretty Little Scribbles for tagging me! This tag was created by Anne with a book.
I think it’s cool that this tag is still going even after so many years.
Now, let’s get into it!
1) Never have I Ever read a later book before the first.
Never. Reading books out of order makes me uncomfortable. You just can’t do things like that!
2) Burned a book
Nope. I can’t think of many reasons one would need/want to burn a book.
3) Never have I Ever gone into a shop to buy one book and came out with many more.
There isn’t a book store in my city (I know, so sad right?) so the only time I ever go to a book store is on the rare occasion when I’m out of town. I like to take advantage of being in a book store.
4) Never have I Ever Loved a book when I was younger and hated it when I got older.
Not that I can remember… I’m sure there’s something, but I haven’t re-read any old favorites for a while.
5) Never have I Ever read a book I knew I’d hate.
Not that I can remember. I don’t typically finish books I’m not enjoying.
6) Never have I Ever wrote a fan fiction of my favorite book.
I come up with fanfics all the time, and I kick myself for never writing them down. On the rare occasion that I do write fanfiction, it’s usually based on a movie.
7) Never have I Ever dressed up as my favorite literary character.
In a way… Maybe? Have you ever noticed that when you are really into a book, you begin to take on the character’s personality or style? I’ve had many moments like that where I might have picked out an outfit inspired by that character.
8) Never have I Ever hated a book by an author I loved
Not that I can think of. I don’t read every book a favorite author produces. I just pick and choose.
9) Never have I Ever Skim read a book
I haven’t done this since elementary school, but I might skim a book occasionally if it’s for school, and I’m not enjoying it.
10) Never have I Ever Pretended to read a book I haven’t
I’m not a liar, lol.
11) Never have I Ever Read a book without the dust cover
I usually take the dust covers off, they just get in the way, and there’s just something about a naked hardcover book that’s aesthetically pleasing.
12) Never have I Ever had a book boyfriend/girlfriend
Well, it’s not official or anything… ❤️🥰😍
13) Never have I Ever picked up a book based on the cover alone.
Only if the cover is eye-catching or I recognize the book to be popular, which I have to stop doing. I pick out terrible books that way. I never learn…
14) Never have I Ever read the end of the book before the beginning
I have the strange little habit of reading the last sentence in the book before I’ve finished. I don’t know why I always do this, but I’ve gotten better.
15) Never have I Ever Read a history or anthropology for fun
16) Never have I Ever participated in a readathon
No, I didn’t even know this was a thing, lol.
17) bought multiple books in a series before starting
I don’t do it very often, it’s usually thrifted series or box sets that people have given me.
18) Never have I Ever written in a book
I love it when people write in books! I just started annotating my first fiction book! I’ll write a blog post about it when I’m finished. The problem with annotating books is that I read a lot of library books, and I’m afraid writing in a library book is frowned upon… But if you’ve been following me, you know that recently I’ve been getting into buying books. I do book hauls all the time so if that’s something you’re interested in, follow me if you haven’t already!
19) filled up an entire bookshelf and had stacks of books balanced precariously throughout the room
Of course. I just went through this after my Thrift Book Haul.
20) Never have I Ever found myself liking a troupe others hate
*Looks down in shame,* yes. I… I don’t mind love triangles… I know most people don’t like them, and they are a bit overdone, but I don’t mind them. I don’t love them exactly, but I don’t mind them.
This tag was lots of fun! I don’t follow any book bloggers who haven’t already done this tag, so I tag YOU!
And my question for you is…
What is a genre of fiction you really don’t like, but others love?
Thanks a bunch!
2 thoughts on “Never have I ever book tag”
…I’m actually kinda okay with love triangles too! People just hate on them a lot, but when it’s done well it’s really exciting!! Loved reading this post!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person